A security breach is something that every business can suffer from. The reason being, every business runs and relies on the internet these days. Hacking is an epidemic that can cost you millions of dollars and can put the private and confidential information of your users and staff at imminent risk. Who would want to even face such a situation? Well, no one. But sadly, the number of users getting hacked is still increasing. So, what are the methods that hackers use to gain access to such sensitive and restricted areas? Wondering the same? Then read through the guide given below.
How Do Hackers Attack A Company?
Whilst there are many ways that hackers use to infiltrate the security system, the most common ones include the following.
- They use the backdoor password of the DVR and IoT devices to enter the security system
- They launch phishing and spear phishing attacks
- They use creepy malware like ransomware and crypto jacking to hijack a company
- They launch virus attacks and exploit bugs in a software
- They send out spam emails with malicious links as attachments
- They hack into the router system to corrupt the security system
How Can You Protect Your Company From Hackers?
The solutions remain within the ways that hackers use to breach security. Only if you pay attention that you’ll realize it isn’t very difficult to increase the immunity of your company against hacking. The most effective ways to do so are given below.
- Focus on keeping every software free of bugs. The easiest ways to do so are given below.
- Keep uninstalling obsolete softwares that do not offer updates anymore
- Keeping installing updates provided by the software companies
All of it is important because updates are provided after fixing bugs in the previous versions.
- Install not one but all important filtering and scanning softwares including the ones given below.
- Antivirus software
- Firewall software
Whilst, the antivirus software keeps all your devices virus free and warns you about possible virus attachments sent as emails, the firewall software, on the other hand, stands guard between your system and hackers.
- Use strong passwords for all devices – DVR, mobile phones, desktops, and security cameras. Strong passwords that are unique create trouble for hackers. On top of it, when the devices are protected by a firewall right after the backdoor password, breaching a device to get hands of data becomes tedious.
To sum up, instead of using just one preventive method to control a security breach, use all of them combined. A combination of so many strong techniques and security layers will make your security system very hard to be breached.